Categories and Methods of Information Collection
We collect a range of personal information and usage statistics to maintain a high-quality user experience and deliver superior customer service. We request some information directly from you during registration. We gather other pieces of data indirectly from Website traffic, your computer hardware and Internet connection, or your activities within the Service, communications and usage.
- If you use our Website, we automatically record information related to your IP address, LaunchCycle cookie information, and aggregate information on what content you access or visit.
- If you provide us personal information in order to subscribe to our mailing list, we collect information to aid delivery and preferences such as e-mail address and message performance statistics.
- If you register on our Website, we will track broad site usage information as well as aggregate usage of any Website community features such as downloads and forums.
- We track usage of customer service resources in order to ensure high quality interactions.
- We may collect and retain any other information relating to your account data or other activities within the Service including chat or IM logs, and IP address and logs.
- If you conduct transactions in connection with the Service, we may collect and retain some or all of the information related to these transactions.
- If you notify us of an intellectual property claim, the information in your claim notice may be shared with other.
- If you cease being a customer of ours, we will keep a copy of your registration file in our database for use in the event you wish to rejoin the Service, and for anti-fraud and other purposes.
LaunchCycle's Protection and Disclosure of Your Information
Except under certain limited circumstances set forth here and in our Terms of Service, LaunchCycle does not disclose to third parties the personal information or other account-related information you provide us, such as IP address, without your permission. You understand, however, that LaunchCycle may disclose your personal or other account-related information under the following circumstances:
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary under applicable law, or to comply with legal process served on LaunchCycle;
- In order to protect and defend the rights or interests of LaunchCycle or Users of the Service;
- In order to report to law enforcement authorities, or assist in their investigation of, suspected illegal or wrongful activity, or to report any instance in which we believe a person may be in danger;
- To service providers with whom we have contracted to assist us with features or operations (such as anti-fraud functions, billing, collections, registration, customer support, email delivery, or age verification), to fulfill your service requests, offer new content or help us improve our Service. Our contracts with these third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they are providing;
- To other third parties (a) to provide you with services you have requested, (b) to offer you information about our Service (e.g., events or features), or (c) to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). For instance, we may provide certain information to our payment processor, to credit card associations, banks or issuers (if you are using a credit card), to PayPal (if you are using a PayPal account), or to providers of other services you request. If you choose to use these third parties' products or services, then their use of your information is governed by their privacy policies. You should evaluate the practices of third party providers before deciding to use their services; and
Information Displayed to or Collected By Other Users
Certain account information is displayed to other users in your profile. This information includes your account name, account type, the date your account was established, whether or not you are currently online. Further, you agree and understand that LaunchCycle does not control and is not responsible for information, privacy or security practices concerning data that you provide to, or that may otherwise be collected by, other Users. For instance, some services operated by Users may provide content that is accessed through and located on third party (non-LaunchCycle) servers that may log IP addresses.
A cookie is a small string of data which often includes an anonymous unique identifier sent to your browser from a website's computers, and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) However, if you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use certain of our (or other companies') web pages.
- Access your account information when you "log in" to our Website, forums, or other areas;
- Keep track of your Website session data; and
- Keep track of certain information that is then aggregated (i.e., not connected to your personal information), such as how you use our Website, what web pages you visit, and the frequency and length of those visits.
Third Party Advertisements
Amendment of this Policy